Federal Agency, Washington, D.C.
Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs): Conceived ECM program for 1,000,000 square foot multi-story office building. Directed detailed feasibility study and design of working drawings. Included all mechanical, electrical, structural engineering and architectural design of $11,000,000 retrofit program, including replacement of three chillers, lighting, air handler improvements and energy management and control system. Construction now in progress.
Major Real Estate Developer, North America
HVAC Condition Surveys and Capital Plans: We survey and document the configuration and condition of the entire system and plan the five year capital expenses for multiple sites. We also survey and calculate tenant energy billing factors.
84,000 Square Foot Office Building, Baltimore, MD
We performed electrical and telecommunications engineering for the gutting and rebuilding of this facility for a prominent developer/operator. Unique features of the design included "clean" power, expanded telecommunications pathways, multiple local telephone providers and a rooftop satellite shed. Tenant design and buildout now in progress.
U.S. Department of Defense Facility, Maryland
Preliminary Energy Survey of 1200 buildings at military installation for energy conservation improvements and prepared guaranteed savings plan.
- Authored generic engineering specification for the U.S. Department of Energy to be used for federal acquisition of energy efficient water chillers, structures and components.
- Engineering feasibility studies and construction services for large centrifugal, steam turbine and absorption chiller replacements.
- Office and retail interior tenant MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) design and plan reviews for local and national property managers, area hospitals, colleges and commercial tenants.
- Engineering of base building MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) and vertical transportation systems improvements and air quality complaint resolution for local and national property owners, hospitals, industrial facilities and colleges.
- Property condition surveys (due diligence), including a 0.5 million square foot shopping center, a ten building municipal utility complex and a 136 unit residential tower.
- Tenant energy allocation analyses including retail centers up to 1,000,000 square feet.
- Insurance related forensic engineering including electrical failures at a 200 slip marina and a 2000 Amp switchgear.
- Kitchen exhaust system design and improvement engineering for restaurants.
- Engineered electric power and control wiring for aircraft carrier fire simulation training facility.
- Expert in elevator and escalator, electrical and HVAC lawsuits.